OUR SCHOOL DAY
What time does school start and finish?
The day at Kings Avenue starts at 8:45 for all children. The times for the end of the day are as follows:
- 3:15pm for Nursery to year 2 Children.
- 3:20pm for Children in Years 3 to 6.
- Clubs run from 3:20 to 4:20pm.
Please note that if your child attends Morning Nursery, this session runs from 8:45 to 11:45am; and if they attend Afternoon Nursery, the session is 12:15 to 3:15pm.
Ks1 and KS2 assemblies are at 10:30 am and 10:25 am respectively.
What breaks do the children have?
Reception children have a break from 10:00 – 10:30 am.
KS1 from 10:50 -11:10 am and 2:00 – 2:15 pm
KS2 break is from 10:45 – 11:05 am
Lunch for Reception children is from 11:55 – 01:00 pm
KS1 have their lunch from 12:10 to 01:00 pm
01:05 – 01:55 pm is the lunch time for KS2
What do I do if my child is sick or has an appointment?
As you may be aware, at Kings Avenue we keep detailed legal records of the children’s attendance.
If your child is sick:
- Please call the school office each day your child is sick with a description of the illness. You can leave a message on the answering machine if we can’t take your call.
- Evidence of a Doctor’s appointment or prescription will be requested for the length of the absence.
If your child has a dental or medical appointment:
- As far as possible, you must try to make appointments for your child outside the school hours. Where this is not possible you must inform the office of the appointment date and time as soon as possible.
- Please also note that your child must attend school for the reminder of the day (morning or afternoon)
- Please provide the office with evidence of your appointment.
Any other absences must also be notified to the school office as soon as possible.