PE and Sport Funding Report
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The government has provided funding of 150 million pounds per annum since 2013 to provide new and substantial primary sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Medias and Sport. The money is being given directly to schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their pupils. The money is ring-fenced and can ONLY be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Principles informing the use of the PE and Sports Grant
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that they offer.
• To hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
• Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them
• Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
• Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
• Run sports competitions
• Increase pupils’ participation in school games
• Run sports activities with other schools