Working with Parents
At Kings Avenue Primary School, we believe that it is essential to develop strong partnerships with home if our children are to achieve their full potential. Parents and schools working as partners can only increase pupil achievement and help to develop positive attitudes about self and school.
We aim to:
- Be a welcoming and friendly school for parents/carers and visitors.
- Establish a mutually supportive and respectful relationship with all of our parents where trust and clear communication is at the heart of all we do.
- Keep parents informed of pupil's progress.
- Provide timely and relevant information for parents through the use of email distribution of letters and newsletters as well as our school website.
The school would like an effective partnership with parents by valuing your help in the following ways:
- Coming to school on time both at the beginning and end of the day.
- Getting to know your child’s teacher so that you can share in their achievements and concerns.
- Attending all Parents Meetings/Curriculum workshops.
- Reading at home daily with your child and taking an interest in homework.
- Reading all letters that your child brings home and/or any messages that are sent by email or text.
- Keeping us informed of any changes to circumstances which may affect your child in school.
Our experience and research show that an effective partnership with parents is reflected in a more successful performance by children at school.