OUR SCHOOL DAY
What time does school start and finish?
The day at Kings Avenue starts at 8:45 and ends at 3.15 for all children
Please note that if your child attends Morning Nursery, this session runs from 8:45 to 11:45am; and if they attend Afternoon Nursery, the session is 12:15 to 3:15pm.
Assembly times vary depending on the day and run as follows;
Monday 8.55 – 9.15 Whole school
Tuesday 8.55 – 9.15 Reading swap; classes swap readers to read with and to each other
Wednesday 8.55 – 9.20 KS2 Music, 9.20 – 9.35 KS1 & Rec Music
Thursday 8.55 – 9.20 Whole school class assembly
Friday 8.55 – 9.15 Rec, KS1 and KS2 Achievement Assemblies
What breaks do the children have?
Reception children have a break from 10:15 – 10:30 am. Reception lunch is from 11.45 – 12.05pm.
Year 1 break from 10.45 - 11.05am and 2.00 – 2.15pm. Year 1 Lunch is from 12.00 – 12.50pm.
Year 2 break from 10.45 – 11.05am. Year 2 lunch is from 12.05 – 12.55pm
Years 3 & 4 break from 10.40 – 11am. Years 3 & 4 lunch is from 12.40 – 1.30pm.
Years 5 & 6 break from 11.00 – 11.20am. Years 5 & 6 lunch is from 1.15 – 2.05pm.
What do I do if my child is sick or has an appointment?
As you may be aware, at Kings Avenue we keep detailed legal records of the children’s attendance.
If your child is sick:
- Please call the school office each day your child is sick with a description of the illness. You can leave a message on the answering machine if we can’t take your call.
- Evidence of a Doctor’s appointment or prescription will be requested for the length of the absence.
If your child has a dental or medical appointment:
- As far as possible, you must try to make appointments for your child outside the school hours. Where this is not possible you must inform the office of the appointment date and time as soon as possible.
- Please also note that your child must attend school for the reminder of the day (morning or afternoon)
- Please provide the office with evidence of your appointment.
Any other absences must also be notified to the school office as soon as possible.